Troop 7, Boy Scouts of America
Community Church at Upper Ridgewood
Ridgewood, New Jersey
The following are the requirements for Scout, the initial rank of each Troop 7 Scout:
- Meet age requirements: Be a boy who has completed the fifth grade, or is 11 years old, or has earned the Cub Scouts' Arrow of Light Award, but is under 18 years old.
- Complete a Boy Scout application and health history signed by your parent or guardian.
- Find a Scout Troop near your home. (We hope it will be Troop 7!)
- Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and handshake.
- Demonstrate tying the square knot (a joining knot).
- Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath or Promise, Law, Motto, and Slogan,
and the Outdoor Code.
- Describe the Scout badge.
- Complete the Pamphlet Exercises: With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet "How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide".
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference. Turn in your Boy Scout application and health history form signed by your parent or guardian, then participate in a Scoutmaster conference.
These requirements are reprinted, with permission, from the U. S. Scouting Service Project, Inc. Website ©1997-2001. All requirements are subject to change. The controlling requirements are those provided by Boy Scouts of America.
Boy Scouts of America
Troop 7, Ridgewood, NJ
All Rights Reserved 2001-2005
Contact Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org